FALL 2009 DESIGN INTERNSHIP
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY OCTOBER 2, 2009.
Want to work at Buttoned Up?
Well, here’s your chance! Buttoned Up is looking for an intern! We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working individual who has a passion for all things design.
The intern will report to Sarah Welch, the Chief Dreamer and Hollie Sehrt, the Resident Picasso. This is an unpaid internship, however the internship has the potential to become a paid position.
Daily/weekly activities include:
- • Help in developing the unique Buttoned Up product line and aesthetic beyond paper goods and into new organizational “categories,” such as kids organization, storage, dorm, office, etc…
- • Brainstorm, design, sketch, create, and execute new innovative product and packaging ideas for these new “categories”
- • Manage daily design on the Buttoned Up blog
- • Assist the team in promotion of website content
- • Create weekly e-newsletters
- • Help in marketing and visual communications of brand and products
- • Pre-production work: find/book locations, coordinate/wrangle people, assist in art direction, etc.
- • Communicate on a daily basis with co-founders, designers, and contributors
- • Other duties as assigned
- • Excellent knowledge of and facility with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver)
- • Solid knowledge of industrial design, graphic design, fashion, art, or architecture
- • Clean, modern design aesthetic/good typography
- • Good Internet connection
- • Willingness to learn, eager, dedicated, and passionate
- • WordPress experience a plus
What you will get out of this experience:
- • Experience in product/industrial/package design
- • Experience in branding, marketing, and promotional design
- • Blogging experience
- • Photo and link to your website(s) on our About page
- • A super fun and crazy awesome time
- • Recommendation from the Co-Founders
6-month commitment, work from home anywhere
How to Apply:
We are accepting applications via email only. Please send the following to email@example.com with subject “Fall Internship” by Friday, October 2, 2009:
- • Resume
- • A statement about why you want this internship
- • A link to your portfolio or images
- • Links to any websites you have worked or currently work for
- • Anything else that you think represents your work or experience related to organization and/or design