Morning Routine Overhaul
Taking a look at your morning routine every once in awhile is a great way to save yourself some time and can kick start your productivity for the day. I started looking at my own morning routine after I noticed that one second it was 7am and my alarm was going off and the next second it was 10:30. An organized morning routine can give you motivation to continue the rest of the day, which will make your day more productive!
Below are a few tips to get you organized and moving!
1. Set your alarm clock an hour early to establish some time for yourself; do yoga, meditate, work out, run a load of laundry, plan and prepare for the day.
2. Get ready, if you’re showered and dressed, you’ll be better able to handle whatever comes up.
3. Use music to motivate yourself while getting ready.
4. Create a list of websites to check each morning and organize them in your bookmark bar. Check sites like the news, weather, traffic, and any other sites that will help you be prepared for the day!
Figure out what in your morning schedule becomes routine. I have decided to try mapping my morning that way I stay on task and accomplish what I want to first thing in the morning. Mapping goes a little something like this…
1. Take a blank sheet of paper
2. Write down the tasks that must be done in the morning
3. Assign an order to those tasks that makes the most sense
4. Test it, see if the order you assigned is the best and make changes as appropriate
I’m going to be testing my morning mapping for the next week to see if anything can be improved upon. Give it a try and let me know if you have any tips on improving the morning routine!